4 March 2011

Birthday Bracelet


My nans birthday was fast approaching last week and I decided to make her something. She lives by the sea and loves it so I thought instantly of blue and using some sea glass.
I had a dig around in my bead boxes and found a lovely lampwork focal with blues and greens and a shell type pattern on it so decided to use that and the sea glass and some chalcedony.

I'd settled on using some aged brass chain and wire but couldn't decide on a clasp. I have a lot of handmade brass clasps and toggles but non very easy to use so in the end decided on a magnetic clasp as it would be easier for my nan to manage.

The blues weren't popping enough so I had a nose through my handmade polymer beads and pendants to add a little personal touch. I'd finished a batch of polymer clay beads the week before and was instantly drawn to the bright orange shiny spirals on the tab I used. To tie it all together I added some hurricane rondelles as dangles in blue, green and orange.

In the end I loved the bracelet and didn't think it was very apt for an elderly lady so I gave her a necklace I made and kept the bracelet for myself. I had it about a day before my Aunt begged it off me! Never mind...I have similar focals so will make myself another!


1 comment: