14 June 2011

Not blogged for a while!

Haven't had much of a chance to get stuck into jewellery and beads until this last week or so. Having trouble getting some time by myself, which I need desperately! So lots of half finish projects that I've been trying to get finished up a wee bit.

I've half finished a necklace for my mums birthday. Not sure if she'll like it so if she doesn't then I'll put it in my shop and make her something else. Will show that off after...
I've given it to her as she checks my blog from time to time and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise!

I've also started making a necklace from the components pictured below. 
I love the colours in this one, the Louisa Harding sari ribbon, the metallic czech beads and the toho seed go perfectly with the raku pendant I bought from Rakumancy on Etsy.  Fabulous shop, you should take a look!



I was recently featured on the Love My Art Jewelry blog. "Spice Up Your Sunday" features designers from the community and I was thrilled and very flattered to be asked by macarroll if I would be happy to give an interview and be featured! Does a nun like to pray?! Hell yeah!
You can check out my interview on Love My Art Jewellery.


These are some polymer focals I was trying out. I love the rustic look when it comes to handmade beads so tried to not try so hard when creating these beads.  They're painted with acrylics and covered with a sealant to protect the colours.



This is the focal I made for my ABS June Challenge.  I've also posted a pic of my little stash to create the necklace I have in mind. I love the painting of Ophelia.  Still have to make a couple of bits such as a clasp and a stamped piece of metal and I need to buy some coordinating seed beads. Am so loving the colours in this months challenge, so hope I can do what I have in my head some justice.




I found a fabulous little tutorial by Artybecca and decided to try out faceted beads. I still need a bit of practise but love the way they came out. Experimented with black clay and mica powders and then some coloured clay with white paint.





This is a copper bracelet cuff piece that I etched, hammers for shape and then added a blue patina. 
Love etching and really pleased with how this component turned out. 






3 comments:

  1. Lovely, really like the copper with stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your work! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! " Does a nun like to pray" hahahaha Love that focal up top and that experimant with the black polyclay - fantastic color!!!

    ReplyDelete